Planning a New Kitchen Design – Webb Timber Creations
If you are planning a new kitchen design, you probably can’t wait to get started and may already have a few ideas you want to explore. A kitchen renovation is very exciting – now you can finally have the kitchen you’ve always dreamed of! There are however a few things you should consider and keep in mind when planning your new kitchen, to ensure everything is as it should be, and that you are not frustrated by tiny mishaps once your kitchen renovation is complete. The kitchen is said to be the heart of the home – not to mention that a beautiful kitchen can up the resale value of your home. Keep the following tips in mind when planning your new kitchen, kitchen cabinet layout, design and other aspects, to ensure your kitchen is everything you dreamed it to be:
- Your budget: Unfortunately, in today’s tough economic situation, money is the number one determining factor of how extreme your kitchen re-design will be. If money is not an issue, then you can go all out and include all the extra trimmings your heart desires. If you have a smaller kitchen renovation budget, you might need to cut back on a few of the extras. Determining your budget will make it easier to decide what you can afford.
- The size of your kitchen: The ultimate size of the space in your kitchen needs to be taken into account when deciding on cabinets and other appliances. If you have a small kitchen space, you can still have a beautiful kitchen that fits your needs. There are many ideas for small kitchens you can make use of for functionality and luxury.
- Kitchen cupboard layout: The layout of the kitchen and kitchen cupboards is one of the mist important aspects of your kitchen re-design. Plan a design that use the space available optimally. If you are moving items such as your sinks or gas stove, then you might need the assistance of a professional plumber or electrician to assist. The staff at Webb Timber Creations Vereeniging will gladly assist you with your kitchen layout, as we have gained extensive experience is kitchen designs. Talk to a friendly team member today for assistance.
- Your lifestyle and needs: You need to determine your needs regarding your kitchen – are you simply looking for a sleek and modern design, or need something that will accommodate your growing family? Decide on the look and feel you want for your kitchen – looking at a few ideas online or at a showroom like Webb Timber Creations will help make the choices easier for you.
- DIY vs. contractor: Will you be completing the renovations yourself, or will you be making use of a contractor? Although a building contractor might make things a lot easier, doing the job yourself will save you lots of money in the end. The latter might be the best option if you have a small kitchen renovation budget. Read more about the benefits of ready-made DIY kitchen cabinets.
- The lighting of your kitchen: Lighting during a renovation is often overlooked. The lighting in your kitchen can make or break the kitchen design look you are going for. In addition to the different lighting fittings and styles, you can also choose between warmer and cooler colours. If you are going for a white sleek and modern kitchen design, a cool white lighting option is ideal. But if you are going for a cosy feel with wooden cabinets, then a warm white light might be more suited. Look at the different lighting options to get a feel for what would suit your kitchen and your needs best.
Talk to a consultant at Webb Timber Creations for advice
If you need assistance with your new kitchen design, talk to a consultant at Webb Timber Creations Vereeniging today. Webb Timber Creations Vereeniging is a leading supplier of DIY kitchen cupboards in Gauteng, supplying a wide range of different cabinets designs, colours and styles to choose from. Webb Timber Creations Vereeniging will help you to turn your outdated kitchen design into a modern, beautiful design that works for you. View our beautiful range of wrap doors available on our website, or visit our store in Vereeniging today for assistance.